As the temperatures climb over the summer it is important to keep your furry pal in mind when it comes to keeping cool. Here are some of our top tips for the upcoming months and summer heat!
- Watch for dehydration – Dogs cannot sweat. Our furry pals cool down by panting. If you spot your dog excessively drooling he may be overheated.
- Early morning or night time exercise is best – Walk your dog during cooler parts of the day as this will make you and your pal feel cooler. Do not exercise as intensely during such heated months of the year.
- Keep them hydrated – Make sure to pack bottles of water when going on a walk with your dog.
- Find fun ways to keep them cool – Kiddie pool, splash pad…there are many ways to cool off.
- Never leave your dog in a parked car – A car retains heat faster and greater then open space. If it is too hot for you, it is certainly too hot for them. On longer trips make sure to pack some water and have the AC on at all time.
Stay cool and have fun this summer!