Lions Foundation of Canada trains Dog Guides. With six programs in place, Canadians with disabilities are offered the opportunity to find greater independence, mobility and safety through the help of a Dog Guide.
There are 6 different Dog Guide programs:
- Canine Vision for people who are blind or visually impaired
- Hearing Ear for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Autism Assistance for children who have autism spectrum disorder
- Service for people who have a physical disability
- Seizure Response for people who have epilepsy
- Diabetic Alert for people who have type 1 diabetes with hypoglycemic unawareness
The demand for Dog Guides is on the rise and support is greatly needed. Your donation helps provide specially trained Dog Guides at no cost to Canadians with physical and medical disabilities. Dog Guides bring increased safety, independence, and increased mobility to people across the country.
With your help more Canadians with disabilities can lead safer and more independent lives. Learn more by visiting the Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides website.